At Communications Axis Ltd. (Comms Axis) we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly. The most recent update is with regards to our compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation that came into force on 25 May 2018.
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Collection and use of technical information
This website uses temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. If you use the ‘remember me’ option when logging in to this website, a cookie is placed on your computer with an encrypted id to remember your credentials. No other information is stored in this cookie. Visitors can use this website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser.
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to personally identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the IP address of the visitor’s web server
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Google analytics which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- the type of web browser and operating system used by the website visitor.
Comms Axis will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of Comms Axis never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by law. The technical information will be used only by Comms Axis, and only for statistical and other administrative purposes. You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the GDPR.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “setting” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services.
Third Party Websites
Comms Axis respects all individuals’ rights regarding their personal data; in all circumstances below please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us.
Data Subject Access Requests – you may wish to see the personal data we are using that relates to you and supplementary information about how it is used, so you can confirm it is accurate and only being used as agreed.
Right to Rectification – you are entitled to have any inaccuracies or omissions in your personal data corrected.
Right to Restrict Processing – you can ask us to restrict the use of your personal data in certain circumstances, usually whilst a query is being resolved such as where you feel your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully processed, or it is subject to an ongoing legal claim.
Right to Erasure / “To be Forgotten” – you can ask us to delete your personal data in certain circumstances, such as that it is processed unlawfully or you wish to withdraw a previous consent.
Contacting the data protection supervisory authority
If you think you have not received a satisfactory response from us you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority, who is the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland. You can contact them via their website: www.dataprotection.ie
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Any changes to this privacy statement will be made to this site so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
As you may be aware, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation came into force on 25 May 2018.
Protecting retailer and tourist data and complying with all applicable rules and regulations has always been a key focus for us, and this remains the case with the implementation of GDPR.
Behind the scenes, we have made many changes to the way we handle data, including;
- Transparency: Our Data Protection and Privacy policies have been updated to align with Article 13 of GDPR which spells out specific information that must be communicated to customers from 25 May 2018. These will be regularly reviewed and updated where necessary;
- Accountability: We have reviewed our existing data risk and compliance framework to ensure we have addressed the specific GDPR requirements;
- Governance: Comms Axis has a robust governance framework in place to ensure data privacy and protection are a constant priority;
- 3rd Party suppliers: we have reviewed all our supplier relationships and addenda to our contractual agreements have been issued;
- Data Security: we have invested significant effort into ensuring the way we process personal data reflects the additional commitments outlined in GDPR. Data privacy has always been, and will continue to be, one of our core values in our relationship with all our stakeholders.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy and Cookies Policy via email at email@example.com.